Monday, September 23, 2019

Introducing the new LLP Social Media Intern - Fall 2019


Greetings all!

Kiana Jones
My name is Kiana Jones and I am pleased to announce that I am the LLP Social Media intern for the 2019 fall semester. I am from Montgomery, Alabama and an English major with a concentration in teacher certification. Also, I am the first person in my family to go out of state to attend college. I chose to major in English because it has always been my strongest subject in school, and I desire to become a high school English teacher in the future.

The one special person in my life who has inspired me to pursue a career in education is my great aunt, Idessa O. Wherry. She has been a tremendous aid my life and career choices. Her story compels me to continue to study hard and persevere in college. She attended the University of Alabama during the mid-1960s, while segregation was very prevalent in the south. She received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Alabama and master’s degree from Alabama Agricultural and Mechanics University. She was the first African American teacher in Morgan County, Alabama and taught at Hartselle High School for forty years.

My goals for this internship include making sure that I keep you all up to date on all of the events happening within the Language, Literature, and Philosophy Department. I also intend on reaching students of ALL majors in any way I can because I know the struggles of being a college student. I hope to inform my fellow peers about how to make it through the day as a college student from prioritizing school work and study tips to how to dress accordingly for the weather and practicing healthy habits. Again, I am your Language, Literature, and Philosophy Social Media intern and I can’t wait to start working with you all in the semester!
Sincerely,

Kiana Jones
Social Media Intern Fall 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment