Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I Want to Write 2016 A Success!

Hello fellow Tigers and welcome back to the LLP blog! 
Before we get started thanks to everyone that came out last weekend to the I Want to Write Festival! I had a really good time in the different workshops and slam sessions, and I wish I could have been present for more; but there is always next time!  
Also, thanks to all of the staff and special guest that came out and hosted classes, we appreciate you! Lastly, to Dr. Pinkard, I know you had a lot on your plate when it came to this event, but it definitely turned out great. This was my first time going to the #IW2WC and I really enjoyed myself, so thanks for taking your time to put together this event!
My favorite part of the whole #IW2WC was the poetry slam! There were high school students participating in a contest and they were awesome! I honestly was not expecting them to come with the fire like that but they were great. Even though some had a few slip-ups, the crowd encouraged them to continue and I really liked that. There also were a few dance breaks that I think really lightened the mood a lot!
I did sit in on a few classes and I really liked them, but I couldn’t stay long because I was trying to go around and take different pictures and videos. I did sit in on a freestyle class and painting and poetry class that I really liked.
Overall the event was a success, and I can’t wait for the next one! I really hope that all who came out enjoyed themselves as much as I did! I hope that everyone was exposed to different things within poetry and maybe even learned how to open up on the page and new techniques for the stage.
Be sure to check our Facebook and Twitter for videos and pictures from the event.

Poetically Possible!
Alexis Brooks
Social Media Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment