Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Meet the new LLP Social Media Intern

By Brianna McGuire
LLP Social Media Intern

Reading and writing has been a sincere passion of mine since I was ten years old, It is now a decade later and I still share those same values and interest in my ten-year-old self. I am now a senior English major starting an internship in the Language, Literature, and Philosophy Department at Tennessee State University. 

I am very excited for this new opportunity as it allows me an opportunity to work closely with the English department to help bridge the gap between students and LLP. During this internship, I hope to bring more awareness to the department and to attract more students our majors and minors.

Most times when I am asked, "What is your major?" and I reply, "English," I find myself being asked whether I would like to be a teacher or not. Why is everyone's first thought after hearing that a student is an English major that the student wants to be a teacher? I hope to change this perception in the minds of those on campus. There is much more that you can do with an English degree than just become a teacher, and I would like to relay this message and many more to all TSU students as the new social media intern. 

I aspire to accomplish much working with the English Department, I want to learn more of the opportunities that are available to me as an English major and relay those same opportunities to to my peers.

I am very grateful for this opportunity and ready to work!

Learn more about the new LLP Social Media Intern by reviewing her Spotlight Bio.

No comments:

Post a Comment