Friday, September 1, 2023

LLP Social Media Intern
Amauri Barnes
Introducing the New Social Media Intern
- Fall 2023

By Amauri Barnes

     My name is Amauri Barnes. I am a senior here at Tennessee State University. My major is biology with a minor in English. I am from Detroit, Michigan where I graduated from Cass Technical High School.

     With my degree I will become a Cardiovascular Perfusionist. A perfusionist (for short) operates the heart and lung machine that artificially replaces a patient’s heart and lung functions during surgery. This summer I worked three jobs. I worked in Corewell Health Hospital formerly known as Beaumont in Child Labor and Delivery, Arden Courts Memory Care as an Activities Coordinator, and as a Legal Assistant at Flood Law. Each week I maxed out at, at least 120 hours between all three jobs. What interested me in the medical field was being able to help others and be apart making a difference in surgery!

     Writing papers and reading comprehension has always come easy to me. I chose to minor in English because it supports me in every work field I could dream of pursuing. Someday I would love to teach either children or young adults in college.

     My favorite aspect of English is history and poetry. Working at Flood Law this summer was the best experience ever! I was required to do a lot of reading and critical thinking. I was surrounded by some amazing, hardworking, and most of all genuine people. This began my interest in possibly working in a courthouse as a clerk or even an investigator. The biggest take away from working for and observing attorney Todd Flood was “What you work for can be achieved, ifyou do the work required to achieve it!”

      In my free time I love reading, playing with my dog, cook, do hair, research real estate and other ventures of income, and most recently, reading court cases!  I am looking forward to bringing all of that experience to this new position and sharing everything the department has to offer to students both in and out of the classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment