Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A Little Info about the New Social Media Intern


Hello all! 

     My name is Barbara Olivis and I will be serving as your social media intern for the spring semester of 2019! I am none other than a literature lover from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. 
Barbara Olivis
LLP Social Media Intern
     First things first, if I am going to introduce myself I must confess that I am a dystopian genre lover. I am passionate about all things writing whether it is poetry, novel, or even script, but post- Apocalyptic and I’m all over it. I love the exploration of how the way we, as human beings, live now can impact the near future. I believe that this is what made my becoming an English major inevitable. The fact that literature is always in some way a depiction of the world we live in now, or in the future, intrigues me beyond measure.
            I would like to take you all on a journey with me this semester. My goal for this semester is to keep you all updated on various events that are going on within the department, as well as giving my fellow students tips on how to survive college, and miscellaneous topics here and there. I am looking forward to connecting with various faculty and students within the Language, Literature, and Philosophy Department. Though the primary focus is the LLP department, I hope to be of some use to all students, regardless of what major or minor one is pursuing. I also hope to give some insight into what to do after college, for the graduating seniors like me that may be struggling to figure out what life after college will look like.
            If I do my job effectively, all LLP students and faculty that read my blogs will feel updated, stimulated, and represented. I am looking forward to being your LLP social media intern this semester.
Sincerely,
Barbara Olivis

Barbara Olivis is an English major from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She aspires to be a professional writer within the genres of poetry and fiction. Olivis has appreciation for Science Fiction, she hopes to someday turn her novels into movies and to direct a film. She expects to graduate in 2019.



             

No comments:

Post a Comment