Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hello! 

 My name is Alexis Brooks, and I am the new LLP Social Media Intern. Coolest job ever! Allow me this opportunity to formally introduce myself. I am an English major with a minor in Spanish. I am a junior at Tennessee State University.  I chose to be an English major because, I loved volunteering at a local middle school as tutor and I made a close relationship with many students during my short time there. I could see what impact I made on their lives and it made me feel good.  I decided then to changed my major to English, so that I could continue to help and motivate kids to do better. I want to be able to help more struggling students succeed and help the passing students continue to do well. 
This semester I am interning for the English department and I am taking over the social media scene. I will be interviewing different professors about the events they have going on in their classes, as well as blogging about Soul Fire our poetry club. We want more people to come out to our different events and what better way to spread the word than social media. Be on the lookout for our new Facebook page, Twitter, and follow us on Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment